Saturday, October 24, 2009

Houston, We Have Flooring

We have tile in one of our bathrooms down in the basement!

I have a feeling it is going to be finished before we know it-yay!

Our tile guy recommended this great tile to us-it is a natural stone and looks like a beautiful granite countertop. We thought it was maybe a bit busy for the main living area, but it works really well in this little bathroom off the guest bedroom.



They needed one more tile to finish the job-reminds me of the episode of Flipping Out where Jeff flips out (ha ha) about needing to order two more pieces of tile to finish a shower project. That show is my reality!

Also, interesting fact about this bathroom: the whole room is off about an inch...the room is not a perfect square. So if you look carefully, some of the tiles are curious looking trapezoids (is this the correct geometric term?)

Anyway...I think this bathroom has really accidentally come together well!



We also had our electrician come over about a week after M was born to finish up the lights in the basement. I think it turned out pretty great!

He put in these very cool pendants over our island and also added some mini cans to add some more lights in the kitchenette area. I heart mini cans...I wish I had discovered them sooner! We also got all the vanity lights in the bathrooms, although they are hard to take a picture of!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails