Monday, July 31, 2017

End of July


The rest of July flew by that I hardly even knew what we did! I feel like after the newness of summer wears off, we find ourselves settling into a good rhythm that involves a bit more at home time and just enjoying the fun part of being of family in summer. 


The girls have been so weird about their naps that often they will refuse to nap and then later I will find them passed out randomly while playing. They are still little girls that get tired even though they think they are already big. 

We did make it to the drive in for a double feature of Despicable ME 3 and Spiderman: Homecoming. We met up with our friends, the Crosses, and that helped pass the time before the movie started. It was a nice night and a fun tradition that does take a bit of effort to coordinate but makes for a great night out as a family. 


Also lots of playdoh and playtime...



My lilies bloomed and they made the house smell glorious for over a week! They are such a fun addition to the garden and remind me of my sweet Trace as the bulbs were a gift from my grandma after he died. 


The girls have good days and bad days where they can play together nicely or be terrible. When they are playing together nicely, it is so cute to hear their back and forth chatter and team work in creating their stories. It is so magical that I feel like I don't want to do anything to break the spell. Other times they are literally at each other's throats and....argh! 


Scott and Michael were gone to a family wedding in Oregon for a week at the end of July. I was excited that they got to go on an adventure together but it was a long week by myself with the girls. We did plan some outings like to Target which were mostly to walk around and get out of the house, but I did surprise the big girls with some new on clearance toys. We also checked on Harry and kept him company while Michael was away. The biggest thing was that we finally had a chunk of consistent time to get the girls going on the potty and wearing underwear all the time. It was a bit of hump to get over and I think the real reason it worked was that it was just me and the girls at home and no one else to interfere. We literally had nothing else on our schedule except to work on going in the potty. 


We also went on some walks at Jester which the girls really like! 


I finished my summer lesson program-9 weeks with 32 students! It was fun to hear how much some students improved and it was neat keeping up with them all summer. 


More refusing to nap and then later falling asleep from Anna. 

(and again)


At the end of July, we headed to NorthEast Iowa to visit my grandparents while Scott did a day of Ragbrai. It was a good excuse to visit and we had a really nice time. 


Northeast Iowa is so beautiful! 


It was nice to catch up with family and spend some time with my grandparents. It was a long drive but I'm glad we did it! 


I think that wraps up July! Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails