Saturday, November 21, 2015

Insta Update

Hi friends, here's some insta updates for you! I've been trying to update my instagram daily but lots of times it is just me drinking coffee at school because that is what I spend a lot of my days doing! I recently downloaded the "time hop" app and I love seeing my updates from one, two or more years ago! 


The girls came down with hand, foot and mouth in October. They were very crabby and down for several days but we didn't realize they were so sick until they started getting the spots. Luckily it landed while our daycare was on leave so they could be at home with family to care for them. Luckily they are finally feeling back to themselves! It is a terrible sickness!


The nice fall weather is so kind to my landscaping! Beautiful! I love this time of year! I always try and convince myself all the planting is worth it in May when it will be at its most beautiful in October. 


When the girls were home sick we took advantage of the nice weather and took off for the park after picking Michael up from school. It was a perfect fall afternoon and I think the fresh air was good for the girls! 


The girls and I have been sneaking out of the house on weekend afternoons for a long walk around the park. I have been really enjoying it! Sometimes the house seems a little busy, loud and crazy with all five of us home on the weekend so I think it is good for us to get out and give the boys a quiet house. 


I also made it to another Cyclone football game this fall-one where we beat the big 12 giant Texas! It was a shut out game and really fun. I'm glad I got to enjoy it with friends and my husband. 


My organized bag! Don't worry, it was all disheveled again just a few days later. 


More weekend walks at the park!


I also celebrated my 33rd birthday this November and wore my favorite buzz lightyear shirt- to 33 and beyond! :o) I got these fun tanks at Hot Topic and I think they are so neat to wear to school to show my disney side in a more subtle way. Scott took me out to a movie (on a school night!) and we saw the new James Bond movie at Flix brewhouse. I also treated myself to some new Bath and Body Works goodies (the store is right by the theater) and we enjoyed a nice night out. 


Michael and I had last Friday off of school because of teacher conferences. Normally this has been my day to myself but I was more than happy to share it with my favorite guy this year. We started our morning by getting pancakes and coffee at a local cafe, then browsed Toys R Us for a good hour (looking for things to add to our Santa list of course) and then spending a good chunk of time at the Science Center. We went right when it opened and enjoyed the place to ourselves for quite a while. We also saw an IMAX movie which was a little intense! I had fun on my day date with my boy and I think he had a good time too. 


I have the hugest list of organizing tasks that need to be done but it is hard when little ones are always around. I need to just buckle down and do them instead of just postponing them because it makes things so much more functional and is a free way to improve a space. I cleared out our entire hallway closet (it was so full we couldn't even open the doors), cleaned everything, found new homes for some things and then put everything back. It is so refreshing now to open the doors and put our coats and shoes away! All it took was a few hours! 



I love this photo of Michael and I from 5 years ago and then now when we are posed almost the same way (with the addition of the girls). Time is fleeting! 

Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails