Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Disney Bucket List

I am not going to lie to you all....I have been in Disney withdrawal mode since we've gotten back. Luckily, making my photo albums and putting together my posts have been super fun but now I can't wait to go back! We are aiming for taking another trip in about four years, when Michael is in elementary (!!!) school. 
I feel like I am keeping this running tab in my head of things I want to do next time and I am hoping by just putting them down on my blog I will have a good spot to keep them safe. Hopefully then they will stop driving me crazy!

1. Lodging
  • We would love to stay at a Walt Disney World property next time or buy points from Scott's parents to stay at Bonnet Creek. 
  • The two resorts I like the most are the Polynesian and Art of Animation. These obviously differ in price radically but wouldn't it be nice to stay on the monorail? It would be so awesome to me.
  • I think if we stayed on a Disney Resort we would still take our own food and plan for one meal out a day. I think this worked really well and easily costs half as much as a dining plan.
2. Parks
  • We would love to do a day or two at Epcot next time, but not sure how this would impact our overall travel plans....and would also love to stay for more than 7 days.
3. Attractions
  • While we did hit a lot of attractions we didn't do the previous time we visited Disney world, there are some that we missed this time that we can hopefully do next time. 
  •  Magic Kingdom
    • Tomorrowland Speedway
    • Tea Cups
    • Meet Ariel
    • 7 Dwarfs Mine Train (will open in 2014!)
    • Splash Mountain (was under construction)
    • Space Mountain (too hard to do with a little one)
    • The Castle show before Wishes
  •  Animal Kingdom
    • Tusker House Character Breakfast before park opens
    • Finding Nemo- the musical 
    • Flights of Wonder
    • Walk the Jungle Trek
    • Parade 
    • ....basically I felt like we didn't do very much at our day at Animal Kingdom and I know there is so much there to offer. It was also one of the days that felt the busiest and most claustrophobic to me and I felt like we just walked and walked. 
  •  Hollywood Studios 
    • More character meet and greets (I had forgotten they were in the animation building)
    • Take the Animation class at Art of Animation. 
    • Enroll Michael in Jedi Training Academy
    • Do Star Tours 
    • Do a dinner and advance seating package to Fantasmic! 
4. Other
  • Take more photopass photos (and get photopass plus so we can get ride photos)
  • Start a monthly savings account for vacations.
  • Plan a princess dining meal at Akershaus in Epcot (I will go by myself if I have to!)
  • Rent or buy a wide angle (or wider prime) lens to use at the parks for better night photos. 
  • Be sure and take the kids out of the stroller for photos (we were so worried about Michael running off but seriously...he is in the stroller in about 95% of our photos!)
  • Visit in early June when school is out instead of spring break. Historically (looking at crowd calendars), it seems like the beginning of June has been less busy than the middle of March. It did seem way busier when we were there this time compared to last time and overall it seemed like this past March Disney World had some record crowds (most were luckily the week after we left).  

 Thanks again for stopping by and listening to all my Disney ramblings...hopefully this will be the last post on the topic for a while! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails