Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter



Easter 2012 found us back home at my parents house for a low key celebration. The weather was pretty good and it was nice just to relax for a few days. Michael had an absolute blast which was no surprise as he had been talking about "grandmagrandpas" ever since we left after the funeral a few weeks ago.



Michael did well at the early church service which is a special thing because usually we ship him off to the nursery to play at our home church. I think he liked all the candles, the big cross and the organ music. He seemed pretty excited!






Michael also did his first real egg hunt at the town park on Saturday and then came home to discover more eggs at grandma and grandpa's house. He was so excited to discover all the candy that was hidden inside the eggs and would just gather two or three at a time then go out and look for more after he had eaten the treats inside.







It was a nice weekend. I had gone back and read my post from last Easter and was feeling pretty sad about all the comments I made about having two kids this year and it was just too much to take. It is almost too overwhelming sometimes to reflect on things and realize this is not how my life was supposed to be but I still have to live it anyway. Michael is such a source of joy for all of us and I just have to remind myself of my blessings and my sweet little angel who is in heaven now. I'm sure holidays will never stop being emotional and it is hard to remind myself that we are only six months out from our loss and still have a long ways to go.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Rose, Words seem so inadequate at this time. Just wanted to let you know that you are being thought of today. I am praying for you and your family. Six months..a long six months. My heart aches for you! Stay strong, Lean on God, Count your Blessings. Remember you are loved. Rita G.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails