Monday, June 28, 2010

McFatty Monday

Today I am linking up to The Heir to Blair's McFatty Monday post. I have been reading these posts for months and finally I have a reason to jump on the train. I am pretty hesistant to share my weight loss journey with people just because I am afraid it will set me up for failure. But, what is the point of trying to do something big if no one else knows about it?

I just started a total body challenge through a local gym and Saturday was our mid-point testing and I was down 9.6 lbs!!

This testing was after four weeks of butt-kicking workouts and food coaching. I actually only worked out for three weeks since I missed a week due to our vacation, but still it has been a long haul. Now I wish I hadn't missed that week so I could see if it made a difference! We have five weeks to go and I am totally re-motivated and ready to give it 100%.

The hardest part of the program for me is "reaching my 10" in workouts. No quitting early, no stopping, no floating through class. It is hard, physically AND mentally.

Anyway...I thought I would fill out the questions prompted on the link up! Here they are:

1. What weight loss/get fit program are you following? Why did you choose it?

I am following Goals in Motion total body challenge. It is a 9 week program of workouts and eating right. The workouts are six days a week and combine resistance with cardio kickboxing. My husband finished the previous 9 weeks and lost 19 lbs and looks awesome! They have a big party at the end and I was so inspired by everyone so I decided to give it a whirl. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to handle the program since it is pretty hard but every day I get stronger.

2. Rude Question of the Day. How much weight have you lost?

9.6 lbs in the past 4 weeks. Since having Michael, I would say I am down a good 50 lbs. I don't really remember how much I weighed at the end of my pregnancy, but a lot of weight has come off. I don't think a lot of people realize it since I still look really bad, but I am enjoying seeing the numbers come down on the scale! It is a long process.

3. What is your favorite part about weight loss so far?

My favorite part is that I am feeling better. I have more energy and feel all around stronger in my day to day things.

4. What is the hardest part about staying motivated?

Everything is hard about staying motivated! The hardest part is myself and my own little brain that constantly tells me I can't do something. I am working hard to do things even if I think I can't do them! Again, I think losing weight is so much more mental than it is physical.

6. Cats or Dogs?

Cats! Although I love dogs too!

7. Now say something motivational.

You can do it!

Don't stress out about it, just do it.

You'll never know how hard you can work until you start working hard.


------

That's it in a nutshell! That felt good to get it all out there...now I am excited to keep working hard for the last five weeks of the program and on!

Have a great Monday!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss - you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow girl your doing awesome! It took me forever to loose all the baby weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome! Its a good motivator. And I am so impressed to be down 50lbs. Oh the day I can say that I will throw a party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you joined the rest of us McFatties!!!

    I started a McFatty link-up/blog-hop at my site if you'd like to join up!

    We're all in this together! You're doing great!

    http://itsjustmeheidid.blogspot.com/2010/06/mcfatty-monday-two-post-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great! I know I still have a ways to go myself to reach my goal weight. I have lost 40 lbs since pregnancy. I have been just doing a little bit here and there, but you have motivated me to step up my game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing WONDERFUL! & welcome to McFatty Monday :)

    I'm so glad you started & holy cats, you're already almost at 10 pounds! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails