Saturday, July 11, 2009

Basement Updates

Hi Everyone!

I have had a rough week-I twisted my ankle and bonked my head! :o( So, yesterday I was resting all day and after some lovely ice cream my husband brought me, I am back to blogging! Yay!

I am trying to root some sweet potato vine in my kitchen-so far I am unsuccessful, but I thought it made a night arrangement anyway! We'll see how it turns out in a couple more days.


Now for the main event: counters are in!
I think they turned out really well! I like the dark against the light wood. The island is HUGE and it ROCKS! I think it is going to be lots of fun when we entertain, or just lots of fun period. I am envisioning lots of hanging out downstairs as a family-I can get projects done with kids play, we can do crafts together, etc. :o)

(also note the super dated rocker that will soon be recovered and moved into the nursery!)

We also did the same counters in the bathrooms down there as well. I think it makes everything go together really nicely and plus we were just lazy when picking things out. We visited a friend's parent's new house this past weekend in Mitchell and every room had different cabinets, or counters, or even ceiling fans! It was crazy! I could never have that much patience to pick out all those different things! It did look great though!

We've also started doing some of the half wall trim-I think it is going to look great!


And here is one last picture of my silly kitty who follows me every time I go to the basement, just in case something exciting is going to happen down there!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails