Saturday, April 22, 2017

Easter Festivities

We had a pretty good week stretch where we celebrated Easter and Spring! I even got out my real camera and took some photos...it felt good and made me realize how much more often I need to do it. 

DSC_0537DSC_0514DSC_0540

Our neighborhood had a really fun egg hunt for all the kids in the neighborhood in the common area and the kids made out like bandits with tons of eggs and candy. It was cute seeing all the neighborhood kids and so easy that we could just walk from our back yard. 

DSC_0529

DSC_0516
DSC_0502

DSC_0471

DSC_0478

DSC_0461

DSC_0457

DSC_0423
DSC_0447
DSC_0589
DSC_0588

The girls turned into candy monsters! Brynn would try and stuff as many pieces as she could into her mouth at once and Anna would try to lick each one slowly (while hiding of course). We are officially done with all the candy and thank goodness! It was too much. 

DSC_0576

DSC_0562
DSC_0566


DSC_0553

Michael learning the fine art of making his own PB & J. 

DSC_0214

On the actual Easter weekend, we got all dressed up to head to church. It is quite a feat to get everyone to church, let alone looking nicely! We met my sister there and enjoyed the nice service. The girls did good in the nursery and overall it was great! 

DSC_0270

DSC_0290_edited-1

DSC_0285_edited-1


DSC_0250_edited-1

DSC_0243_edited-1

The girls got their dresses for Christmas from their grandma Margie complete with the jean jackets (they loved them!). I had a last minute panic where I had to run to Target for tights and girly shoes...I always forget about those things with two little girls. 

The kids enjoyed their Easter baskets and we had a really nice Sunday at home complete with a traditional Easter meal of ham, cheesy potatoes, carrot cake and lots and lots of hardboiled eggs throughout the day for snacks. 

DSC_0243_edited-1

DSC_0024_edited-1

I'm a little out of order here, but the day before Easter I hosted my family for the day. My mom came as well as my brother and his wife, my sister and my brother's family. My aunt also joined us for the day and we were happy to have her! 

Mom organized a scavenger hunt for Michael and the girls- it was really fun and they loved the prizes at the end! We tried to get a group photo and well...these are pretty accurate! :o) 

DSC_0022_edited-1

DSC_0030_edited-1

We also celebrated Isla's 1st birthday while everyone was together. She is the sweetest little chunky monkey!

DSC_0038_edited-1

DSC_0049_edited-1

Girls and their aunts! 

DSC_0086_edited-1

DSC_0067_edited-1

Isla LOVED her cake!! 

DSC_0164_edited-1

We also had a regular egg hunt for the kids and they had fun finding so many fun treasures ad well as playing on the swing set for a while. It was a beautiful day!! 

DSC_0136_edited-1

DSC_0174_edited-1

DSC_0181_edited-1
DSC_0188_edited-1

DSC_0203_edited-1

DSC_0210_edited-1

Michael got smart and opened his treasures for the safety of his eagle's nest. He loved finding little trinkets in his eggs this year. 

DSC_0201_edited-1

DSC_0150

It was a great celebration of Easter and I was glad we were able to be with family. I have a busy few weeks ahead as I finish out my school concert season and then we will be wrapping up school and headed into SUMMER!!! Wahoo! 

DSC_0140



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails