Saturday, April 4, 2020

Captain's Log Week 3

Wow, week three in the books! 

I need to start updating my captain log more because the days have really started to run together this week. We have found our groove for sure and even though it seemed like the days went slowly...the week flew by! 

Last Sunday my friend Kylie came by to take some photos of us from our porch as a way to spread joy, not germs. I love them! It also gave us all an excuse to get showered, dressed, and hair did. 


It was really windy so we had to take them in this little corner of our porch. It was a fun project! Great idea, Kylie! 



I tried really hard to stay in my clothes and jewelry for a bit longer! I watched church and did some videos for school but then they came off when it was time for rest time and a walk at the park. At least I have the selfies that prove I looked nice for a few hours. :) 

I like these two photos because they show how much of a shadow has Brynn has come to me. She is always by my side! 


Anna.


On Saturday, I rounded up the troops and we cleaned our house top to bottom. They were all good helpers, especially with oiling the cabinets, washing windows, and disinfecting door handles/light switches. It felt great to have a clean house!  


The rest of the week is a blur! 

A big outing for the week was a trip to the grocery store for me. It was the first time I'd been since being out for spring break. I had a huge list and my cart was packed full full full. I couldn't have fit one more package of chicken nuggets into it if I tried. I'm talking front basket and the part underneath. I felt bad for the poor checkout girl and courtesy girl but they were good sports. It definitely put a dent in our day and I was thankful Scott was home working so I could go in the morning. 

We went on a hike on Jester Park, and we explored a new trail I found during my Sunday walk. It was a cloudy day and it not busy at all- yay! 


Kids have been busy with their school work. We do playtime in the morning while I do my exercising, then our workbooks (summer bridge activities) and then they get computer time. After that, we do our family exercise time choosing from either Just Dance videos on YouTube, Yoga, or Wii Ring Fit Adventure. So far, Just Dance videos are the most popular choice and we definitely have our favorites. 

Then we eat lunch, and it is reading time. I do the girls reading while Michael does his on his own. Sometimes we do Harry Potter as a read aloud, and then we watch a movie while everyone rests. It is a nice time to be all cozy downstairs in the basement. 

After rest, we go outside! Either on an adventure to a park or just in our yard. This week we spent quite a bit of time getting our yard cleaned up for spring and the kids did a good job playing while Scott and I worked. 


Heart in my coffee. :)


We did a family drawing activity on Friday night and it was fun! Everyone drew along with Dav Pilkey on his tutorials and then we followed some tutorials Michael showed us. Kids loved it. 


Girls are lucky big brother has such fun toys! The possibilities are endless with LEGO. 


On Wednesday, we had a birthday party for our stuffed animals. We made the cake, decorations, and came up with games. It was fun to plan and a cute diversion to the day. The kids were really good sports during our party games. Brynn couldn't quite understand why we weren't inviting other people (like Aunt Denise) and we had to explain to her how it was a pretend birthday party. I'll take any excuse to eat cake.  


I can wear this ensemble since I have degrees from both schools. :) 


Destination driveway. Kids usually do a good job of playing on their own while I can sit in my chair and enjoy a drink. 

This day we went to Raccoon River Park for a walk to enjoy the 60 degree weather. I had never been there before and it was pretty busy. We kept our distance and saw lots of dogs! 


We also went for a really nice family bike ride and the trail wasn't too busy. It was lovely riding at sundown, beautiful light everywhere. We were a little sad we didn't have beers and burgers as a reward but it was a nice night out of the house anyway. 

I had a hard week after a staff meeting on Wednesday where I got very panicky afterward. I have been literally taking this one day at a time, trying hard not to worry about things I can't control like school being canceled.  But then hearing the news about how we need to start preparing for online "continuous learning" since it is now closed the rest of this month...it sent me into a tailspin. 

Luckily a hot bath, audiobook, long rest time, and work in the yard helped me feel better. I had an online meeting with the middle school music teachers the next day and felt a lot better about the direction to head. It is exciting, and I welcome the challenge to engage my students in a new way. Having new tasks to focus on at school is also difficult because the workaholic in me could spend all day doing things for my students and ignoring my family which is the most important thing right now. Balance is hard. 

That is for our week....hang in there. You got this!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails