Thursday, July 14, 2016

Isla's Baptism

This past weekend we celebrated my niece Isla's baptism! 

DSC_0755_edited-1

My parents and my brother and sister in law came Saturday night and stayed at our house. It was nice to see all of them and my parents even got to see my municipal band concert on Saturday night. It was a beautiful evening and we made a fire and shot off fireworks. 

DSC_0763_edited-1

I was so glad my brother and sister in law could take a day off from the farm to come visit their cute nieces and nephew! It was a rare occasion when our family was together. We even took a photo to prove it! 

DSC_0781_edited-1

I was honored to be asked along with Scott to be Isla's godmother. It was very special to me. However, the task of making sure my whole family had nice outfits to wear, staying clean and well behaved during church, and then myself also having to look nice and get everyone packed up and out the door on time was quite the feat. I also managed to not lose it during the actual baptism ceremony which is always a trigger for me at church since I always feel so terrible about not having Trace baptized in the church (he was baptized at the hospital after he died). It was a lot but I did it (and took a nap later that afternoon!). 

DSC_0785_edited-1
DSC_0796_edited-1
DSC_0807_edited-1DSC_0797_edited-1

John and Meredith hosted everyone at their house afterwards and luckily a storm blew quickly through and then cooled everything down and it was just perfect out! I though it was very ambitious of them-everything is so much harder when you have a little baby and in their case they have one little baby and one busy toddler! 

DSC_0791_edited-1

I thought the girls looked so cute. I didn't want to buy something new for the occasion but luckily their special dresses from our family photos last summer still fit nicely. I am still trying to find ways to get their hair to stay nicely in place after I fix it- any ideas? 

DSC_0813_edited-1


DSC_0816_edited-1
DSC_0820_edited-1

There she is- the lady of the day! Isla is such a sweet baby and she reminds me a lot of Trace. I think it is because she knows she is the little sister to a busy big sister and just goes with the flow. She is always ready for a snuggle and gives the biggest smiles! I cannot wait to share all the joys of this world with her as she grows! 




Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails